May 11, 2021

Some of my best friends...

So, 
 
Not anything more than a single word! That was a draft and in a masterful exercise of word alchemy I’ll take it and make it into something...

“Some of my best friends?”

We all know when that comment comes trotting out, don’t we? It’s the moment when someone commits a great faux pas regarding ethnicity or race. Today though you wouldn’t even get to that point because we have such heightened sensitivities we would already have hung you out to dry for even making the error no matter how innocent it might have been.

There are times I am glad to be getting older because I can’t say I appreciate the direction things are going in and further I am just simply too much of a fuck up to be held up to the impossible standard people have these days about what others say around them.

Yes, I said around them because now, it’s not even a matter of insulting someone directly but rather having someone who has an enormous chip on their shoulder looking for that pound of flesh that really won’t change anything in the long run.

Maybe you think, “OH NO! You’re wrong! By being sensitive to the world around us, the world will be a better place!”

See, the thing of it is though is that that’s not really what anyone in society today is really doing because the one thing we aren’t sensitive to is that people can and do make stupid mistakes or simply haven’t learned different. Crucifying them is more likely to make them dig even deeper into their beliefs and divide the world even further but that’s not what people want to accept.

I’m at a certain age and the age I’m at means I didn’t go to school at a time when we were educated about all these oh so very important things. Somehow though people managed to get by. Not to say it was perfect but I had actually thought things were getting better and at the moment, I’m not seeing that anymore, I’m seeing things getting worse.

Also, there are things I’m not willing to buy into no matter how hard people may try to lay them at my feet.

Externally, someone looks at me and says... YOU’RE A WHITE MALE! YOU’RE THE BIGGEST PART OF THE PROBLEM!

Sorry... FUCK YOU!

Look, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I get it, there’s the grass is always greener thing going on but my name ends in a vowel first off and as I’ve detailed me forefathers slogged through deep morasses of shit without waders. None of it was fun and you can believe me there have even been times in my life when I’ve been aware of that very significant difference in that there are some circles you just aren’t welcome in.

I know, there’s some big Whitey club where we all meet and plan world domination, right?

As if but there are people who really, really believe shit like that.

Let’s say for a minute you’re Jewish... you may appear to someone to be the dreaded WHITE MALE! The reality though is you’ve probably bumped up against antisemitism and know there isn’t any big club that welcomes you in.

I’ve had a few people I know try and lay that shit at my feet in the last few years... the whole WHITE MALE thing.

Puhhhhllleeeezzzeeee!

I’m an ethnic motherfucker with a name that ends in a vowel that was bought up in a single parent home by a parent who didn’t graduate from high school and we were fucking poor as poor can be (and I don’t think we ever got any kind of public assistance either). Enough with your bullshit - I literally lived in a single room with my mom for YEARS. Not where I had a bedroom, I mean A SINGLE ROOM.

Still I’ve got people telling me how life has been just a fucking skate because I’m a WHITE MALE! Try again dummies. I’ve literally had Christmases where it was a choice between having lunch or dinner because I couldn’t afford both and that wasn’t when I was a kid either.

Today though I often hear how I am responsible for the evils of the world.

Again please... go FUCK YOURSELF!

I’m not being harsh here either but I am just sick and tired of people making assumptions just the way the very same people don’t like having someone make assumptions about them based on the color of their skin or their ethnicity.

Sounds more than a little ironic to me but again, that’s another reason I’m glad I’m old because this stupidity just seems to be further embraced by dummies even more with every passing day and I find it sickening.

No comments: